Established in 2003 through a joint venture with the Ohlthaver and List group of companies, Broll Namibia has swiftly grown to a leadership position in the commercial and retail property sectors and now manages a portfolio of almost N$900 million.
The decision by landlords and town planners to expand or refurbish existing retail rather than create new space is fast becoming an example of best practice. It helps contain capital expenditure and focus on attracting additional footfall to an existing centre in the place of splitting the retail cake through a proliferation of new space.
This has led to the management and leasing of a number of new projects totalling more than R276 million, of which the increase in gross letting area at Wernhil Park Shopping Centre from 26 000m2 to 38 000m2 is the largest.
In addition to a number of smaller projects the following larger projects are underway:
- A N$186-million retail extension to Wernhil Park, increasing the GLA by 12 000m2
- The N$70-million office and retail upgrade and extension to Carl List Haus, bringing the GLA to 12 000m2
- A N$20-million retail upgrade to the 5 000m2 Seagulls Shopping Mall
The key has been to provide total solutions from concept through to handover, meeting deadlines and budget so as to ensure clients achieve optimum returns on their investments without compromising quality.
Broll´s service offering in Namibia includes:
- Commercial Broking
- Retail Leasing and Consulting
- Facilities Management
- Property Management
- Shopping Centre Management
- Project Management
- Asset Management